SBVacuum print and supply Food safety labels helping businesses to comply with current legislation.
We supply custom print and standard Food Safety labels.
Food safety labels regulations apply to food businesses at all stages of the food chain, and to all food intended for the final consumer, including foods delivered by mass caterers, and food intended for supply to mass caterers.
The regulations for Food safety labels include:
- Mandatory nutrition labelling on pre-packaged food
- Country of origin labelling
- Date marking (including date of first freezing)
- Clarity and legibility of food information
- Labelling of non pre-packed foods
- Allergen information, including on food sold loose and in restaurants, cafes etc.
You can read more about the legal requirements HERE
A new allergen labelling law came into force on 1 October 2021.
- It requires businesses to label all food known as prepacked for direct sale.
- The type of food which will now need full labelling includes ‘grab and go’ foods that are prepacked such as sandwiches, salads and fast food.
- The food must have been packaged on the same site it is sold before a customer selects or orders it.